Master of Arts in Psychology
Colorado Springs Campus · Online · Blended · Denver Instructional Site
Master the ins and outs of human behavior when you earn your Master of Arts in Psychology from University of the Rockies.
In this graduate degree program, you will discover the world of human thought process, emotion, and motivation.
Discover how to implement the insights of psychology in the real-world domains of:
- criminal justice
- mental health
With the wisdom you develop from your graduate curriculum in psychology, you can bring out the best in people.
Because the scope of psychology is so vast, it is best to specialize in one specific field. Choose from several specializations to focus your academic pursuits:
Choose your specialization:
- Business Psychology
- Career Management and Counseling
- Criminology and Justice Studies
- Educational Leadership
- General Psychology
- Health and Wellness
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Mental Health Administration
- Mental Health Counseling
- Non-Profit Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Sport and Performance Psychology
Depending on which specialization you select, you might delve into how human behavior impacts the dynamics of business and organizations, or develop skills as a change agent. Perhaps you will explore applications of psychology in law enforcement, or enhance your understanding of culture, equity, and diversity.
However you choose to specialize, you will develop the same foundation of knowledge of the human mind. Psychology is within all of us.
Degree Completion Requirements:
To fulfill the requirements for the Master of Arts in Psychology, you must successfully:
- Complete program coursework of 39 credits
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00
- Pass the Comprehensive Exam at the conclusion of the program.
Note: The date of degree conferral recorded on the student's transcript and diploma will reflect the date the student completes all degree requirements. However, release of transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for degrees awarded are contingent upon submission of the Petition to Graduate form, payment of the graduation fee, and payment of any outstanding balances with the University.
Your course schedule is flexible and includes these features:
- Classes are offered in a combination of evening and weekend formats.
- Evening courses meet for four hours one night per week over a nine-week term.
- Weekend classes meet on three weekends over the nine-week term. The typical course load is two courses per term.
Your course schedule is flexible. Take online courses one at a time. Online courses are offered in an accelerated six-week format and can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Your faculty members all have earned doctorates and have recent experience practicing what they teach. At University of the Rockies, both the theory and its practical application are taught. Your instructors will enliven your discussions and enhance your feedback with real-world lessons from their workplace experience.