For University of the Rockies’s full FERPA policy, please refer to the University of the Rockies Academic Catalog, available at www.rockies.edu/catalog.
What personal information do we collect at this site?
How does University of the Rockies use and share personal information?
We may use and share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may use your personal information to contact you or send newsletters, updates and/or special offers to you, and may share this information with contractors that help us to contact you.
- We will use your personal information to determine your student status during the enrollment process and may share this information with governmental authorities and their contractors, with degree-granting institutions and teaching certificate granting institutions and their contractors, and with our contractors that help us to communicate with such governmental agencies, institutions and their contractors.
- We may provide your personal information to our affiliated schools, including Ashford University, if the information you provide indicates to us that its programs or classes may be of interest to you.
- We may share your personal information with companies and individuals that provide support services to us, such as contractors that send e-mails or direct mail for University of the Rockies, maintain or update mailing lists, analyze data, provide marketing/sales assistance, provide customer service for the Site, or carry out other duties relating to the operation of our Site.
- We may use and share your personal information with governmental authorities, other educational institutions and their contractors to comply with FERPA reporting regulations, or as otherwise permitted or required by FERPA.
- We may use and share your personal information with third parties and governmental agencies to comply with a legal requirement or court order.
- We may use and share your personal information to work with partner firms to reduce fraud risk.
- We may use your personal information to protect the rights, property or safety of University of the Rockies, our users, other students in our classes, employees, contractors or agents or others and would thereby share your information with such parties.
- We may use your personal information to enforce our terms of service.
- We might sell or buy websites, divisions, companies or assets or merge with other companies, and your personal information may be among the business assets transferred to or shared with the persons or entities involved in such sales or purchases.
By using the University of the Rockies Site, you understand and agree that we may use and share the personal information that you provide in these ways.
What is University of the Rockies's practice regarding cookies?
Your browser software has a feature called a 'cookie' that stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to certain websites. As a user of browser software, you may elect to disable this feature, although doing so may prevent you from using certain features that require cookies. Cookies placed on your computer by University of the Rockies don't tell University of the Rockies any personally identifiable information about you but instead provide anonymous information that permits University of the Rockies to track how users navigate our pages, when users return to our sites, and which features are the most popular.
What other information does University of the Rockies collect on this site?
Like many commercial websites, University of the Rockies servers monitor and log all web traffic on the Site. These logs contain the IP address and URL from the site you visited just before you visited, the URL of the page you visit upon leaving the Site, if any, and the type of browser and operating system you are using. Statistical information is collected about visitor traffic patterns in order to improve the quality, functionality and usefulness of the Site to our customers. In such cases, the system has no means to identify you personally. We may also create and maintain records of anonymous data collected from cookies and anonymous demographic information that has been aggregated from multiple personally identifiable records such that it is no longer personally identifiable with a particular person (such as aggregate number of inquiries from a particular city, state or zip code). We may share all of the anonymous data described above with our contractors and consultants, other educational institutions, and unaffiliated third parties such as analysts, reporters, governmental authorities and others.
How does University of the Rockies protect personal information?
Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alternation or destruction of data, we try to prevent such occurrences. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls and passwords. In addition, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers.
We do not ever knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen, nor is this Site designed to provide any service to children under the age of thirteen. If you are under thirteen, please do not give us any personal information. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to remove that information from our databases.
Conditions of use
Links to other sites
Requesting changes to your information
If you wish to review and request changes to your personal information that we collect through the Site, you may contact us directly. If you want to request us not to send you emails, you may make that request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are enrolled with University of the Rockies, you may also access your personal profile, request changes to your personal information, and request that we not send you emails by logging onto the Rockies Student Portal and selecting the "My Information" option.
Online education sessions
During the education process, you may participate in online education sessions. Please understand that any information that is disclosed during an online classroom experience becomes known to others in the class and to University of the Rockies and its employees and contractors, such as instructors and administrators. We have no control over information exchanged during these online sessions and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or any other information about yourself or others. The information presented during an online education session reflects the views of the individual users or instructors and do not necessarily reflect the views of University of the Rockies or any of its affiliates.