Graduation Weekend includes a development workshop, the Graduate Candidates/Alumni Reception, Golden Key International & SALUTE Honour Societies Induction Ceremony, and culminates in the Commencement Ceremony and Reception.
Professional Development Workshop: Brand U
Learn tips on branding yourself and take advantage of a chance for complimentary, professional headshots. Each graduate may bring up to two guests.
- Located at University of the Rockies Leadership Room, 1515 Arapahoe St., Denver, CO 80202
Alumni/Graduate Candidate Reception
Take this time to connect informally with other soon-to-be alumni as well alumni from years past. Light appetizers, wine, and beer will be served.
Friday, September 30, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
- Located at the Denver Campus, 1201 16th St., Denver, CO 80202
- Graduates who have confirmed their attendance at the commencement ceremony will receive an invitation
Golden Key International and SALUTE Honour Societies Induction Ceremony
Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 10:30 a.m.
- Located at the Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th Street, Denver, CO 80202
- Each inductee may bring up to two guests
- Sessions will be streamed live online
Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
- Located in the Mile High Ballroom at the Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th Street, Denver, CO 80202
- Graduate candidates must be approved to participate through the Petition to Graduate process
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to take photographs and to line up for the ceremony
- There will not be a student rehearsal for Commencement. The day's timeline and instructions will be provided to attending students before the ceremony
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Immediately following the ceremony, University of the Rockies will host a reception for all of graduates and their guests at the Colorado Convention Center.
What to Do on the Day of Commencement
Please advise your guests to arrive at the Colorado Convention Center at least 20 minutes in advance of the event to allow time to park and find a seat. All seating is first come, first served. Graduate candidates not participating in the Golden Key Induction Ceremony are advised to arrive no later than 1:15 p.m.
Assistance for Persons with a Disability
Guests with disabilities should contact the Office of Student Access & Wellness at least two weeks before the event. Read more about accommodations at Commencement.
Photography is allowed. Elite Photography will be on-hand to take pictures of graduates as they shake hands with the President of the University. A photographer will also be available after the ceremony for family and group shots. Graduates will receive information after the ceremony on how to view and order their photos.
If you or your family are not able to attend the commencement ceremony, you can still enjoy the events through our live stream. The link to the content will be sent out a few days before Commencement weekend.
Rockies gear/memorabilia will be available for purchase in the lobby of the Mile High Ball Room.